"Can I Get my PF Related Grievances Addressed?" - This is a question that most salaried employees in India who have tried to withdraw/transfer or even try to access their accounts through the system get in their mind. Though there is a proper grievance Redressal mechanism that is present to help out people who are in need, not many of us know about it. In fact, I can make a safe guess and say that more than 99% of us did not know that such a Grievance Redressal Mechanism for EPF matters existed. Are you one of those? If so, this article is just for you!!!
EPF Organization's Grievance Redressal System
The EPF Organization has a grievance Redressal mechanism in place and it is covered under the Consumer Protection Act. Since late last year, the EPFO has become a part of the Centralized Public Grievances Redressal and Monitoring System, which allows you to register the grievances and track their status online. It is a centralized system, so all your complaints are also monitored by the head office and they endeavor to respond to all grievances within 30 days.
What Types of Grievances are handled by this System?
Grievances related to the following are handled by this system:
1. Final Settlement/Withdrawal of EPF
2. Transfer of EPF Corpus
3. Issue of PF Statements/PF Balance
4. Payment of Insurance Benefit
5. PF Payment Cheque Returned/Lost
Any other grievance that you may have with respect to your EPF Account will also be addressed by the Grievance Redressal Mechanism.
How Do I Submit my Grievance?
The EPFO's Grievance Redressal Website is "http://epfigms.gov.in/"
The Steps to submit your request are as follows:
1. Login to the EPF Grievance Redressal Website. It would look like below:
2. Click on the “Register Grievance” link. The following page will open up
3. Fill up your EPF Account related details in the first section titled “Enter EPF Details”
4. Then fill up your personal details in the second section titled “Enter Personal Details”
5. Once done, scroll down to the third section on the page which is titled “Enter Grievance Details”
6. Select your Grievance Category correctly and clearly explain your Grievance and submit your request.
Once your request is submitted, the EPF Organizations Grievance Redressal Team will look into your request and will respond to you within 30 days.