- For the 3 days (9, 10, 11 Nov) all Government Hospitals will continue to Accept the old 500 and 1000 rupee notes for payment
- For the 3 days (9, 10, 11 Nov) all Railway/Bus/Airline ticket booking counters will accept the old 500 and 1000 rupee notes for purchase of tickets
- For the 3 days (9, 10, 11 Nov) the old 500 and 1000 rupee notes will be accepted at all
- Petrol Pumps authorized by the Public Sector Oil Cos
- Consumer co-operative stores authorized by the State or Central Government
- Milk booths authorized by State Governments
- Crematoriums and Burial Grounds
Important Note: There are rumours going around that some micro chip is embedded in the new 2000 rupee notes which may or may not be true. We have not gotten an official announcement from RBI either (I checked their website). So, whether 2000 notes can be traced by government to abolish black money is something we cannot comment now that is why I haven't talked about that in this article.